Number 5

Yup.  This is blog post number five for 2014.  (Henry likes counting in Spanish so he would say, cinco).
I could apologize for my absence, but I won't.  This is a place I come to with things that have inspired me and stories that I want to share.  And I have no regrets for how I've spent my time so far this year.

But how do I catch up to the current inspiration?  Thankfully flickr and IG remind me.

I wove a scarf on my loom.  I'm delighted that I found a good place for two of my favorite stash yarns and super duper glad that a good friend was willing to give this scarf a home.

I forgot to post the finished scarf that I wove on the loom. I'm really happy with it. I want to weave another scarf next but I can't decide on the yarn. #loomweaving


I gave up knitting one sweater.  But selling the yarn and some hoarded fabric allowed me to buy...

I ripped this whole vest out today...  This is the second time that this yarn does not want to be made into a sweater by me. So I'm selling it to someone on ravelry. And I feel much freer ✨


...some Madelinetosh yarn to knit another sweater.

I love that my knitting matches the quilt in my lap. #ravellenicgames2014


I had to rip that sweater, too.  But when I love a yarn that much, I don't mind knitting it all over again.

Maybe I should have tried it on WAY before I got to the fourth ball of yarn. #ribbit


We took a road trip with the boy...to Wisconsin...in February...with the added fun of a polar vortex. We had a great time on our trip, but I swear that we should meet up with my family in a warmer locale next time.

#latergram of Henry trying to shove all of "Woody's guys" under his armpit for safekeeping during the car trip. My little hoarder has to touch all of his favorite toys at once. At least he is excited to be in the car and headed to Wisconsin    6 more hour


While in Green Bay, I helped my mom quilt her Farmer's Wife quilt.  It was a huge job but definitely satisfying.

My mom, @bakerlady16, and I on her #farmerswifequilt


Lastly, I finished some ancient bee blocks.  I feel like ancient is the primary adjective I use when describing bee blocks here.  I think I need to keep up on my bee block calendar a wee bit more for the rest of 2014.  Do you agree?

Farmer's Wife block 30, End of Day. Ancient replacement bee block for @wheretheorchidsgrow.

Replacement bee block for @wheretheorchidsgrow. Her theme was 50's housewife. #cocoricobee

Whew!  That was all January and February.

Stay tuned for my next update.
I'm totally serious.  I will be back very soon.

7 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

You have been busy! The scarf looks beautiful and I'm excited to see what becomes of the Katie jump rope. Your mums quilt looks spectacular too!

Carla said...

That grey sweater looks like it has gorgeous texture. The madelinetosh is beautiful too. I just finished a slouchy hat in that. Beautiful feel to it. Enjoy your knitting and I hope to see that sweater soon : )

Suz J said...

Wow, weaving, knitting, sewing and motherhood. What a busy lady you have been! Isn't your mum cute??

Emily Carnes said...

aww i totally recognize your sons toys, haha! my boy is 3. i can hear that blue hammer saying "nailed it!!" lol. that farmer's wife quilt looks awesome! and a lovely scarf.

Emily at backtothecraft.blogspot.ca

Kleep said...

Great stuff!! I just love the fun blocks that you make...I still think of the Alice in Wonderland block sometimes...

Frederick Nunley said...

Great to see what all you have been doing. It was a winter to remember for us here in Washington DC.

Anonymous said...

that last bee block always makes me wish i was tiny and 2D so i could wear the dress :)
-melissa

Post a Comment

You are awesome! Thanks for leaving a comment :)